I’m Karen Melhuish Spencer, and I work in education consultancy, currently for CORE Education. I am focused on working alongside teachers and students to create exciting, effective learning for our digital world. In both NZ and the UK, I have been in education, as a teacher, Head of Department (English) and facilitator since 1993.
I specialise in, present on and write about:
- effective teaching and learning, including the appropriate use of technologies as part of curriculum and pedagogy;
- e-learning strategic planning for teachers and schools;
- the development, fostering and evaluation of online communities of practice, including the use of social media.
This blog has been my online home since 2007 for pondering, sharing resources and pulling threads together.
You can also find me here…and here…and here…
- @virtuallykaren on Twitter: Catch the chat.
- virtuallykaren on Facebook: For friends and family.
- My Del.ici.ous: My favourite sites.
- LinkedIn: My professional side.
- Enabling e-Learning: My current project, an online community for educators.
- CORE Education: My official profile.
- My YouTube channel
- Slideshare: My presentations.
- YouTube: Check out my edu-playlists
…and my alter-ego, who is passionately learning about photography, is here: